- 1. beta, letter, letter of the alphabet, alphabetic character
- usage: the 2nd letter of the Greek alphabet
- 2. Beta, genus Beta, caryophylloid dicot genus, Chenopodiaceae, family Chenopodiaceae, goosefoot family
- usage: beets
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. beta, important (vs. unimportant), of import
- usage: second in order of importance; "the candidate, considered a beta male, was perceived to be unable to lead his party to victory"
- 2. beta, exploratory (vs. nonexploratory), explorative
- usage: preliminary or testing stage of a software or hardware product; "a beta version"; "beta software"
All rights reserved.
See also: beta (Dictionary)