- 1. position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place, situation, occupation, business, job, line of work, line
- usage: a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
- 2. mooring, moorage, berth, slip, anchorage, anchorage ground
- usage: a place where a craft can be made fast
- 3. berth, bunk, built in bed, bed
- usage: a bed on a ship or train; usually in tiers
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. berth, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a berth
- 2. moor, berth, tie up, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: secure in or as if in a berth or dock; "tie up the boat"
- 3. moor, berth, wharf, dock
- usage: come into or dock at a wharf; "the big ship wharfed in the evening"
All rights reserved.
See also: berth (Dictionary)