WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. benign (vs. malignant)
- usage: not dangerous to health; not recurrent or progressive (especially of a tumor)
- 2. benign (vs. malign), benignant, kindly, harmless, kind
- usage: pleasant and beneficial in nature or influence; "a benign smile"; "the benign sky"; "the benign influence of pure air"
- 3. benign, kind (vs. unkind)
- usage: kindness of disposition or manner; "the benign ruler of millions"; "benign intentions"
All rights reserved.
See also: benign (Dictionary)