- 1. belch, belching, burp, burping, eructation, reflex, reflex response, reflex action, instinctive reflex, innate reflex, inborn reflex, unconditioned reflex, physiological reaction, expulsion, projection, ejection, forcing out
- usage: a reflex that expels gas noisily from the stomach through the mouth
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. burp, bubble, belch, eruct, emit, breathe, pass off
- usage: expel gas from the stomach; "In China it is polite to burp at the table"
- 2. erupt, belch, extravasate, explode, burst
- usage: become active and spew forth lava and rocks; "Vesuvius erupts once in a while"
All rights reserved.
See also: belch (Dictionary)