Synonyms of beg
- 1. beg, implore, pray, plead
- usage: call upon in supplication; entreat; "I beg you to stop!"
- 2. solicit, beg, tap, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently; "Henry IV solicited the Pope for a divorce"; "My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities"
- 3. beg, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: ask to obtain free; "beg money and food"
- 4. beg, hedge, fudge, evade, put off, circumvent, parry, elude, skirt, dodge, duck, sidestep
- usage: dodge, avoid answering, or take for granted; "beg the question"; "beg the point in the discussion"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of beg (Dictionary)