Synonyms of becoming
- 1. become, go, get, change state, turn
- usage: enter or assume a certain state or condition; "He became annoyed when he heard the bad news"; "It must be getting more serious"; "her face went red with anger"; "She went into ecstasy"; "Get going!"
- 2. become, turn, transform, transmute, metamorphose
- usage: undergo a change or development; "The water turned into ice"; "Her former friend became her worst enemy"; "He turned traitor"
- 3. become
- usage: come into existence; "What becomes has duration"
- 4. become, suit, fancify, beautify, embellish, prettify
- usage: enhance the appearance of; "Mourning becomes Electra"; "This behavior doesn't suit you!"
- 1. becoming, comely, comme il faut, decent, decorous, seemly, proper (vs. improper)
- usage: according with custom or propriety; "her becoming modesty"; "comely behavior"; "it is not comme il faut for a gentleman to be constantly asking for money"; "a decent burial"; "seemly behavior"
- 2. becoming, flattering (vs. unflattering)
- usage: displaying or setting off to best advantage; "a becoming new shade of rose"; "a becoming portrait"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of becoming (Dictionary)