- 1. beacon, beacon fire, visual signal
- usage: a fire (usually on a hill or tower) that can be seen from a distance
- 2. radio beacon, beacon, radio station
- usage: a radio station that broadcasts a directional signal for navigational purposes
- 3. beacon, lighthouse, beacon light, pharos, tower
- usage: a tower with a light that gives warning of shoals to passing ships
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. beacon, shine, beam
- usage: shine like a beacon
- 2. beacon, lead, take, direct, conduct, guide
- usage: guide with a beacon
All rights reserved.
See also: beacon (Dictionary)