- 1. batting, attempt, effort, endeavor, endeavour, try
- usage: (baseball) the batter's attempt to get on base
- 2. batting, batten, stuffing
- usage: stuffing made of rolls or sheets of cotton wool or synthetic fiber
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bat, hit
- usage: strike with, or as if with a baseball bat; "bat the ball"
- 2. bat, flutter, blink, wink, nictitate, nictate
- usage: wink briefly; "bat one's eyelids"
- 3. bat, hit
- usage: have a turn at bat; "Jones bats first, followed by Martinez"
- 4. bat, hit
- usage: use a bat; "Who's batting?"
- 5. cream, bat, clobber, drub, thrash, lick, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: beat thoroughly and conclusively in a competition or fight; "We licked the other team on Sunday!"
All rights reserved.
See also: batting (Dictionary)