Synonyms of battered
- 1. buffet, knock about, batter, strike
- usage: strike against forcefully; "Winds buffeted the tent"
- 2. clobber, baste, batter, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: strike violently and repeatedly; "She clobbered the man who tried to attack her"
- 3. dinge, batter, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: make a dent or impression in; "dinge a soft hat"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. battered, beat-up, beaten-up, damaged (vs. undamaged)
- usage: damaged by blows or hard usage; "a battered old car"; "the beaten-up old Ford"
- 2. battered, worn (vs. new)
- usage: damaged especially by hard usage; "his battered old hat"
- 3. battered, abused (vs. unabused), ill-treated, maltreated, mistreated
- usage: exhibiting symptoms resulting from repeated physical and emotional injury; "a battered child"; "the battered woman syndrome"
All rights reserved.