WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bast, bast fiber, natural fiber, natural fibre
- usage: strong woody fibers obtained especially from the phloem of from various plants
- 2. phloem, bast, vascular tissue
- usage: (botany) tissue that conducts synthesized food substances (e.g., from leaves) to parts where needed; consists primarily of sieve tubes
- 3. Bast
- usage: cat- or lion-headed Egyptian goddess; represents life-giving power of the sun
All rights reserved.
See also: bast (Dictionary)