WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. baseline, standard, criterion, measure, touchstone
- usage: an imaginary line or standard by which things are measured or compared; "the established a baseline for the budget"
- 2. service line, baseline, line
- usage: the back line bounding each end of a tennis or handball court; when serving the server must not step over this line
- 3. baseline, line
- usage: the lines a baseball player must follow while running the bases
All rights reserved.
See also: baseline (Dictionary)