- 1. barring, blackball, ejection, exclusion, expulsion, riddance
- usage: the act of excluding someone by a negative vote or veto
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bar, debar, exclude, forbid, prohibit, interdict, proscribe, veto, disallow, nix
- usage: prevent from entering; keep out; "He was barred from membership in the club"
- 2. barricade, block, blockade, stop, block off, block up, bar, obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up
- usage: render unsuitable for passage; "block the way"; "barricade the streets"; "stop the busy road"
- 3. banish, relegate, bar, expel, throw out, kick out
- usage: expel, as if by official decree; "he was banished from his own country"
- 4. bar, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: secure with, or as if with, bars; "He barred the door"
All rights reserved.
See also: barring (Dictionary)