- 1. shot, shaft, slam, dig, barb, jibe, gibe, remark, comment, input
- usage: an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect; "his parting shot was `drop dead'"; "she threw shafts of sarcasm"; "she takes a dig at me every chance she gets"
- 2. barb, point
- usage: the pointed part of barbed wire
- 3. barb, point
- usage: a subsidiary point facing opposite from the main point that makes an arrowhead or spear hard to remove
- 4. barb, fibril, filament, strand
- usage: one of the parallel filaments projecting from the main shaft of a feather
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. barb, change, alter, modify
- usage: provide with barbs; "barbed wire"
All rights reserved.
See also: barb (Dictionary)