- 1. bait, come-on, hook, lure, sweetener, temptation, enticement
- usage: anything that serves as an enticement
- 2. bait, decoy, lure, device
- usage: something used to lure fish or other animals into danger so they can be trapped or killed
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tease, razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride, mock, bemock
- usage: harass with persistent criticism or carping; "The children teased the new teacher"; "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"; "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie"
- 2. bait, entice, lure, tempt
- usage: lure, entice, or entrap with bait
- 3. bait, assail, assault, set on, attack
- usage: attack with dogs or set dogs upon
All rights reserved.
See also: bait (Dictionary)