- 1. recoil, repercussion, rebound, backlash, movement, motion
- usage: a movement back from an impact
- 2. backlash, reaction
- usage: an adverse reaction to some political or social occurrence; "there was a backlash of intolerance"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. backfire, backlash, recoil, happen, hap, go on, pass off, occur, pass, fall out, come about, take place
- usage: come back to the originator of an action with an undesired effect; "Your comments may backfire and cause you a lot of trouble"
All rights reserved.
See also: backlash (Dictionary)