- 1. backhand, hit
- usage: hit a tennis ball backhand
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. backhand(prenominal) (vs. forehand), backhanded
- usage: (of racket strokes) made across the body with back of hand facing direction of stroke
- 2. backhanded, indirect (vs. direct)
- usage: roundabout or ambiguous; "attacks from that source amounted to a backhanded compliment to his integrity"; "a backhanded and dishonest way of reaching his goal"
All rights reserved.
See also: backhanded (Dictionary)