WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. axiomatic, self-evident, taken for granted(predicate), obvious (vs. unobvious)
- usage: evident without proof or argument; "an axiomatic truth"; "we hold these truths to be self-evident"
- 2. axiomatic, aphoristic
- usage: containing aphorisms or maxims; "axiomatic wisdom"
- 3. axiomatic, axiomatical, postulational
- usage: of or relating to or derived from axioms; "axiomatic physics"; "the postulational method was applied to geometry"- S.S.Stevens
All rights reserved.
See also: axiomatic (Dictionary)