- 1. award, awarding, grant, subsidization, subsidisation
- usage: a grant made by a law court; "he criticized the awarding of compensation by the court"
- 2. award, accolade, honor, honour, laurels, symbol
- usage: a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction; "an award for bravery"
- 3. prize, award, gift
- usage: something given for victory or superiority in a contest or competition or for winning a lottery; "the prize was a free trip to Europe"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. award, present, allocate, apportion
- usage: give, especially as an honor or reward; "bestow honors and prizes at graduation"
- 2. award, grant, give
- usage: give as judged due or on the basis of merit; "the referee awarded a free kick to the team"; "the jury awarded a million dollars to the plaintiff";"Funds are granted to qualified researchers"
All rights reserved.
See also: award (Dictionary)