- 1. wake up, awake, arouse, awaken, wake, come alive, waken, change state, turn
- usage: stop sleeping; "She woke up to the sound of the alarm clock"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. awake(predicate) (vs. asleep), astir(predicate), up(predicate), awakened, insomniac, sleepless, watchful, unsleeping, wide-awake, waking, wakeful, alert#1, watchful, aware#1, cognizant#1, cognisant, conscious
- usage: not in a state of sleep; completely conscious; "lay awake thinking about his new job"; "still not fully awake"
- 2. alert, alive(predicate), awake(predicate), aware(predicate) (vs. unaware), cognizant, cognisant
- usage: mentally perceptive and responsive;"an alert mind"; "alert to the problems"; "alive to what is going on"; "awake to the dangers of her situation"; "was now awake to the reality of his predicament"
All rights reserved.
See also: awake (Dictionary)