- 1. avocado, alligator pear, avocado pear, aguacate, edible fruit
- usage: a pear-shaped tropical fruit with green or blackish skin and rich yellowish pulp enclosing a single large seed
- 2. avocado, avocado tree, Persea Americana, fruit tree
- usage: tropical American tree bearing large pulpy green fruits
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. avocado, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: of the dull yellowish green of the meat of an avocado
All rights reserved.
See also: avocado (Dictionary)