- 1. aide, auxiliary, assistant, helper, help, supporter
- usage: someone who acts as assistant
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. auxiliary, subsidiary, supplemental, supplementary, secondary (vs. primary)
- usage: functioning in a supporting capacity; "the main library and its auxiliary branches"
- 2. accessory, adjunct, ancillary, adjuvant, appurtenant, auxiliary, supportive (vs. unsupportive)
- usage: furnishing added support; "an ancillary pump"; "an adjuvant discipline to forms of mysticism"; "The mind and emotions are auxiliary to each other"
All rights reserved.
See also: auxiliary (Dictionary)