WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. automation, mechanization, mechanisation, high technology, high tech
- usage: the act of implementing the control of equipment with advanced technology; usually involving electronic hardware; "automation replaces human workers by machines"
- 2. automation, condition, status
- usage: the condition of being automatically operated or controlled; "automation increases productivity"
- 3. automation, equipment
- usage: equipment used to achieve automatic control or operation; "this factory floor is a showcase for automation and robotic equipment"
All rights reserved.
See also: automation (Dictionary)