- 1. automatic rifle, automatic, machine rifle, automatic firearm, automatic gun, automatic weapon, machine gun
- usage: light machine gun
- 2. automatic pistol, automatic, pistol, handgun, side arm, shooting iron, automatic firearm, automatic gun, automatic weapon
- usage: a pistol that will keep firing until the ammunition is gone or the trigger is released
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. automatic (vs. manual), autoloading(prenominal), self-loading, semiautomatic, automated, machine-controlled, machine-driven, self-acting, self-activating, self-moving, self-regulating, self-locking, self-winding, semiautomatic, smart, mechanical
- usage: operating with minimal human intervention; independent of external control; "automatic transmission"; "a budget deficit that caused automatic spending cuts"
- 2. automatic, automatonlike, machinelike, robotlike, robotic, mechanical (vs. nonmechanical)
- usage: resembling the unthinking functioning of a machine; "an automatic `thank you'"; "machinelike efficiency"
- 3. automatic, reflex(prenominal), reflexive, involuntary (vs. voluntary)
- usage: without volition or conscious control; "the automatic shrinking of the pupils of the eye in strong light"; "a reflex knee jerk"; "sneezing is reflexive"
All rights reserved.
See also: automatic (Dictionary)