- 1. authorize, authorise, pass, clear, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: grant authorization or clearance for; "Clear the manuscript for publication"; "The rock star never authorized this slanderous biography"
- 2. empower, authorise, authorize, appoint, charge
- usage: give or delegate power or authority to; "She authorized her assistant to sign the papers"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. authorized (vs. unauthorized), authorised, accredited, commissioned, licensed, licenced, approved, sanctioned, canonized, canonised, glorified, empowered, sceptered, sceptred, lawful, legitimate, official
- usage: endowed with authority
- 2. authoritative, authorized, authorised, official (vs. unofficial)
- usage: sanctioned by established authority; "an authoritative communique"; "the authorized biography"
All rights reserved.
See also: authorized (Dictionary)