WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. mandate, authorization, authorisation, legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
- usage: a document giving an official instruction or command
- 2. authority, authorization, authorisation, potency, dominance, say-so, control
- usage: the power or right to give orders or make decisions; "he has the authority to issue warrants"; "deputies are given authorization to make arrests"; "a place of potency in the state"
- 3. authority, authorization, authorisation, sanction, permission
- usage: official permission or approval; "authority for the program was renewed several times"
- 4. authorization, authorisation, empowerment, management, direction
- usage: the act of conferring legality or sanction or formal warrant
All rights reserved.
See also: authorization (Dictionary)