WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. authoritative, important, influential (vs. uninfluential)
- usage: having authority or ascendancy or influence; "an important official"; "the captain's authoritative manner"
- 2. authoritative, classical, classic, definitive, standard (vs. nonstandard)
- usage: of recognized authority or excellence; "the definitive work on Greece"; "classical methods of navigation"
- 3. authoritative, authorized, authorised, official (vs. unofficial)
- usage: sanctioned by established authority; "an authoritative communique"; "the authorized biography"
All rights reserved.
See also: authoritative (Dictionary)