- 1. authoritarian, dictator, oppressor
- usage: a person who behaves in a tyrannical manner; "my boss is a dictator who makes everyone work overtime"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. authoritarian, autocratic, dictatorial, despotic, tyrannic, tyrannical, undemocratic (vs. democratic)
- usage: characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule; having absolute sovereignty; "an authoritarian regime"; "autocratic government"; "despotic rulers"; "a dictatorial rule that lasted for the duration of the war"; "a tyrannical government"
- 2. authoritarian, dictatorial, overbearing, domineering (vs. submissive)
- usage: expecting unquestioning obedience; "the timid child of authoritarian parents"; "insufferably overbearing behavior toward the waiter"
All rights reserved.
See also: authoritarian (Dictionary)