WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dawn, dawning, morning, aurora, first light, daybreak, break of day, break of the day, dayspring, sunrise, sunup, cockcrow, hour, time of day
- usage: the first light of day; "we got up before dawn"; "they talked until morning"
- 2. aurora, atmospheric phenomenon
- usage: an atmospheric phenomenon consisting of bands of light caused by charged solar particles following the earth's magnetic lines of force
- 3. Aurora
- usage: (Roman mythology) goddess of the dawn; counterpart of Greek Eos
All rights reserved.
See also: aurora (Dictionary)