WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. aura, symptom
- usage: a sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure
- 2. aura, aureole, halo, nimbus, glory, gloriole, light, lightness
- usage: an indication of radiant light drawn around the head of a saint
- 3. air, aura, atmosphere, quality
- usage: a distinctive but intangible quality surrounding a person or thing; "an air of mystery"; "the house had a neglected air"; "an atmosphere of defeat pervaded the candidate's headquarters"; "the place had an aura of romance"
All rights reserved.
See also: aura (Dictionary)