WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. audacious, brave, dauntless, fearless, hardy, intrepid, unfearing, bold (vs. timid)
- usage: invulnerable to fear or intimidation; "audacious explorers"; "fearless reporters and photographers"; "intrepid pioneers"
- 2. audacious, barefaced, bodacious, bald-faced, brassy, brazen, brazen-faced, insolent, unashamed (vs. ashamed)
- usage: unrestrained by convention or propriety; "an audacious trick to pull"; "a barefaced hypocrite"; "the most bodacious display of tourism this side of Anaheim"- Los Angeles Times; "bald-faced lies"; "brazen arrogance"; "the modern world with its quick material successes and insolent belief in the boundless possibilities of progress"- Bertrand Russell
- 3. audacious, daring, venturesome, venturous, adventurous (vs. unadventurous), adventuresome
- usage: disposed to venture or take risks; "audacious visions of the total conquest of space"; "an audacious interpretation of two Jacobean dramas"; "the most daring of contemporary fiction writers"; "a venturesome investor"; "a venturous spirit"
All rights reserved.
See also: audacious (Dictionary)