WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. attitude, mental attitude, cognition, knowledge, noesis
- usage: a complex mental state involving beliefs and feelings and values and dispositions to act in certain ways; "he had the attitude that work was fun"
- 2. position, posture, attitude, bodily property
- usage: the arrangement of the body and its limbs; "he assumed an attitude of surrender"
- 3. attitude, affectation, mannerism, pose, affectedness
- usage: a theatrical pose created for effect; "the actor struck just the right attitude"
- 4. attitude, orientation
- usage: position of aircraft or spacecraft relative to a frame of reference (the horizon or direction of motion)
All rights reserved.
See also: attitude (Dictionary)