- 1. loft, attic, garret, floor, level, storey, story
- usage: floor consisting of open space at the top of a house just below roof; often used for storage
- 2. Attic, Ionic, Ionic dialect, Classical Greek, Ancient Greek
- usage: the dialect of Ancient Greek spoken and written in Attica and Athens and Ionia
- 3. attic, bean, bonce, noodle, noggin, dome, human head
- usage: informal terms for a human head
- 4. attic, wall
- usage: (architecture) a low wall at the top of the entablature; hides the roof
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Attic
- usage: of or relating to Attica or its inhabitants or to the dialect spoken in Athens in classical times; "Attic Greek"
All rights reserved.
See also: attic (Dictionary)