WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. attention, attending, basic cognitive process
- usage: the process whereby a person concentrates on some features of the environment to the (relative) exclusion of others
- 2. care, attention, aid, tending, work
- usage: the work of providing treatment for or attending to someone or something; "no medical care was required"; "the old car needs constant attention"
- 3. attention, attraction, attractor, attracter, attractive feature, magnet
- usage: a general interest that leads people to want to know more; "She was the center of attention"
- 4. attention, courtesy
- usage: a courteous act indicating affection; "she tried to win his heart with her many attentions"
- 5. attention, faculty, mental faculty, module
- usage: the faculty or power of mental concentration; "keeping track of all the details requires your complete attention"
- 6. attention, stance
- usage: a motionless erect stance with arms at the sides and feet together; assumed by military personnel during drill or review; "the troops stood at attention"
All rights reserved.
See also: attention (Dictionary)