WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. attend, go to, be
- usage: be present at (meetings, church services, university), etc.; "She attends class regularly"; "I rarely attend services at my church"; "did you go to the meeting?"
- 2. attend, take care, look, see, care, give care
- usage: take charge of or deal with; "Could you see about lunch?"; "I must attend to this matter"; "She took care of this business"
- 3. attend, attach to, accompany, come with, go with
- usage: to accompany as a circumstance or follow as a result; "Menuhin's playing was attended by a 15-minute standing ovation"
- 4. serve, attend to, wait on, attend, assist, help, assist, aid
- usage: work for or be a servant to; "May I serve you?"; "She attends the old lady in the wheelchair"; "Can you wait on our table, please?"; "Is a salesperson assisting you?"; "The minister served the King for many years"
- 5. attend, hang, advert, pay heed, give ear, listen
- usage: give heed (to); "The children in the audience attended the recital quietly"; "She hung on his every word"; "They attended to everything he said"
All rights reserved.
See also: attend (Dictionary)