- 1. astringent, astringent drug, styptic, medicine, medication, medicament, medicinal drug
- usage: a drug that causes contraction of body tissues and canals
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. acerb, acerbic, astringent, sour (vs. sweet)
- usage: sour or bitter in taste
- 2. astringent (vs. nonastringent), styptic, hemostatic
- usage: tending to draw together or constrict soft organic tissue; "astringent cosmetic lotions"
All rights reserved.
See also: astringent (Dictionary)