- 1. amaze, astonish, astound, surprise
- usage: affect with wonder; "Your ability to speak six languages amazes me!"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. astounding, dumbfounding, dumfounding, incredible (vs. credible), unbelievable
- usage: bewildering or striking dumb with wonder
- 2. astonishing, astounding, staggering, stupefying, impressive (vs. unimpressive)
- usage: so surprisingly impressive as to stun or overwhelm; "such an enormous response was astonishing"; "an astounding achievement"; "the amount of money required was staggering"; "suffered a staggering defeat"; "the figure inside the boucle dress was stupefying"
All rights reserved.
See also: astounding (Dictionary)