WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. assurance, self-assurance, confidence, self-confidence, authority, sureness, certainty
- usage: freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities; "his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular"; "after that failure he lost his confidence"; "she spoke with authority"
- 2. assurance, pledge, commitment, dedication
- usage: a binding commitment to do or give or refrain from something; "an assurance of help when needed"; "signed a pledge never to reveal the secret"
- 3. assurance, statement
- usage: a statement intended to inspire confidence; "the President's assurances were not respected"
- 4. assurance, insurance
- usage: a British term for some kinds of insurance
All rights reserved.
See also: assurance (Dictionary)