- 1. aid, assist, assistance, help, activity
- usage: the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose; "he gave me an assist with the housework"; "could not walk without assistance"; "rescue party went to their aid"; "offered his help in unloading"
- 2. assist, maneuver, manoeuvre, play
- usage: (sports) the act of enabling another player to make a good play
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. help, assist, aid, support, back up
- usage: give help or assistance; be of service; "Everyone helped out during the earthquake"; "Can you help me carry this table?"; "She never helps around the house"
- 2. assist, work
- usage: act as an assistant in a subordinate or supportive function
- 3. serve, attend to, wait on, attend, assist, help, assist, aid
- usage: work for or be a servant to; "May I serve you?"; "She attends the old lady in the wheelchair"; "Can you wait on our table, please?"; "Is a salesperson assisting you?"; "The minister served the King for many years"
All rights reserved.
See also: assist (Dictionary)