WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. measure, evaluate, valuate, assess, appraise, value, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of; "I will have the family jewels appraised by a professional"; "access all the factors when taking a risk"
- 2. assess, charge, bill
- usage: charge (a person or a property) with a payment, such as a tax or a fine
- 3. tax, assess, determine, set
- usage: set or determine the amount of (a payment such as a fine)
- 4. assess, estimate, gauge, approximate, guess, judge
- usage: estimate the value of (property) for taxation; "Our house hasn't been assessed in years"
All rights reserved.
See also: assess (Dictionary)