- 1. assay, check, appraisal, assessment
- usage: an appraisal of the state of affairs; "they made an assay of the contents"; "a check on its dependability under stress"
- 2. assay, substance
- usage: a substance that is undergoing an analysis of its components
- 3. assay, report, study, written report
- usage: a written report of the results of an analysis of the composition of some substance
- 4. assay, test, trial, run
- usage: a quantitative or qualitative test of a substance (especially an ore or a drug) to determine its components; frequently used to test for the presence or concentration of infectious agents or antibodies etc.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. assay, analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
- usage: analyze (chemical substances)
- 2. try, seek, attempt, essay, assay, act, move
- usage: make an effort or attempt; "He tried to shake off his fears"; "The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps"; "The police attempted to stop the thief"; "He sought to improve himself"; "She always seeks to do good in the world"
All rights reserved.
See also: assay (Dictionary)