- 1. assault, battle, conflict, fight, engagement
- usage: close fighting during the culmination of a military attack
- 2. assault, attack, attempt
- usage: a threatened or attempted physical attack by someone who appears to be able to cause bodily harm if not stopped
- 3. Assault
- usage: thoroughbred that won the triple crown in 1946
- 4. rape, violation, assault, ravishment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, sex crime, sex offense
- usage: the crime of forcing a woman to submit to sexual intercourse against her will
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. assail, assault, set on, attack
- usage: attack someone physically or emotionally; "The mugger assaulted the woman"; "Nightmares assailed him regularly"
- 2. rape, ravish, violate, assault, dishonor, dishonour, outrage, assail, assault, set on, attack
- usage: force (someone) to have sex against their will; "The woman was raped on her way home at night"
- 3. attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: attack in speech or writing; "The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"
All rights reserved.
See also: assault (Dictionary)