- 1. asleep(predicate) (vs. awake), at rest(prenominal), dormant, hibernating(prenominal), torpid, drowsy, drowsing(prenominal), dozy, fast asleep(predicate), sound asleep(predicate), hypnoid, sleepy, sleepy-eyed, sleepyheaded, slumberous, slumbery, slumbrous, somnolent, unawakened, unaware#1, incognizant, unconscious
- usage: in a state of sleep; "were all asleep when the phone rang"; "fell asleep at the wheel"
- 2. asleep(predicate), benumbed, numb, insensible (vs. sensible)
- usage: lacking sensation; "my foot is asleep"; "numb with cold"
- 3. asleep(predicate), at peace(predicate), at rest(predicate), deceased, departed, gone, dead (vs. alive)
- usage: dead; "he is deceased"; "our dear departed friend"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. asleep
- usage: into a sleeping state; "he fell asleep"
- 2. asleep
- usage: in the sleep of death
All rights reserved.
See also: asleep (Dictionary)