WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Ascension, Ascension Day, Ascension of the Lord, holy day of obligation
- usage: (Christianity) celebration of the Ascension of Christ into heaven; observed on the 40th day after Easter
- 2. rise, rising, ascent, ascension, change of location, travel
- usage: a movement upward; "they cheered the rise of the hot-air balloon"
- 3. Ascension, Ascension of Christ
- usage: (New Testament) the rising of the body of Jesus into heaven on the 40th day after his Resurrection
- 4. ascension, change of location, travel
- usage: (astronomy) the rising of a star above the horizon
- 5. rise, ascent, ascension, ascending, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of changing location in an upward direction
All rights reserved.
See also: ascension (Dictionary)