WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inventor, discoverer, artificer, creator
- usage: someone who is the first to think of or make something
- 2. craftsman, artisan, journeyman, artificer, skilled worker, trained worker, skilled workman
- usage: a skilled worker who practices some trade or handicraft
- 3. armorer, armourer, artificer, enlisted man
- usage: an enlisted man responsible for the upkeep of small arms and machine guns etc.
All rights reserved.
See also: artificer (Dictionary)