- 1. joint, articulate, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a joint; "the carpenter jointed two pieces of wood"
- 2. give voice, formulate, word, phrase, articulate, express, show, evince
- usage: put into words or an expression; "He formulated his concerns to the board of trustees"
- 3. pronounce, articulate, enounce, sound out, enunciate, say
- usage: speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way; "She pronounces French words in a funny way"; "I cannot say `zip wire'"; "Can the child sound out this complicated word?"
- 4. articulate, connect, link, link up, join, unite
- usage: unite by forming a joint or joints; "the ankle bone articulates with the leg bones to form the ankle bones"
- 5. articulate, enunciate, vocalize, vocalise, state, say, tell
- usage: express or state clearly
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. articulated (vs. unarticulated), articulate, jointed
- usage: consisting of segments held together by joints
All rights reserved.
See also: articulated (Dictionary)