Synonyms of arouse
- 1. arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke, make, create
- usage: call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arouse pity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
- 2. wake up, awake, arouse, awaken, wake, come alive, waken, change state, turn
- usage: stop sleeping; "She woke up to the sound of the alarm clock"
- 3. raise, conjure, conjure up, invoke, evoke, stir, call down, arouse, bring up, put forward, call forth, make, create
- usage: summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic; "raise the specter of unemployment"; "he conjured wild birds in the air"; "call down the spirits from the mountain"
- 4. stimulate, arouse, brace, energize, energise, perk up, affect
- usage: cause to be alert and energetic; "Coffee and tea stimulate me"; "This herbal infusion doesn't stimulate"
- 5. awaken, wake, waken, rouse, wake up, arouse, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to become awake or conscious; "He was roused by the drunken men in the street"; "Please wake me at 6 AM."
- 6. arouse, stir, move
- usage: to begin moving, "As the thunder started the sleeping children began to stir"
- 7. arouse, sex, excite, turn on, wind up, stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
- usage: stimulate sexually; "This movie usually arouses the male audience"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of arouse (Dictionary)