WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. argyll, argyle, gravy boat, gravy holder, sauceboat, boat
- usage: a covered gravy holder of silver or other metal containing a detachable central vessel for hot water to keep the gravy warm
- 2. argyle, argyll, design, pattern, figure
- usage: a design consisting of a pattern of varicolored diamonds on a solid background (originally for knitted articles); patterned after the tartan of a clan in western Scotland
- 3. argyle, argyll, sock
- usage: a sock knitted or woven with an argyle design (usually used in the plural)
All rights reserved.
See also: argyle (Dictionary)