WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ardor, ardour, elan, zeal, eagerness, avidity, avidness, keenness
- usage: a feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause); "they were imbued with a revolutionary ardor"; "he felt a kind of religious zeal"
- 2. ardor, ardour, love
- usage: intense feeling of love
- 3. ardor, ardour, fervor, fervour, fervency, fire, fervidness, passion, passionateness
- usage: feelings of great warmth and intensity; "he spoke with great ardor"
All rights reserved.
See also: ardor (Dictionary)