WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. estimate, estimation, approximation, idea, calculation, computation, figuring, reckoning
- usage: an approximate calculation of quantity or degree or worth; "an estimate of what it would cost"; "a rough idea how long it would take"
- 2. approximation, similarity
- usage: the quality of coming near to identity (especially close in quantity)
- 3. approximation, version
- usage: an imprecise or incomplete account; "newspapers gave only an approximation of the actual events"
- 4. approximation, bringing close together, joining, connection, connexion
- usage: the act of bringing near or bringing together especially the cut edges of tissue
All rights reserved.
See also: approximation (Dictionary)