WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. blessing, approval, approving, support
- usage: the formal act of approving; "he gave the project his blessing"; "his decision merited the approval of any sensible person"
- 2. approval, liking
- usage: a feeling of liking something or someone good; "although she fussed at them, she secretly viewed all her children with approval"
- 3. approval, favorable reception, favourable reception, acceptance
- usage: acceptance as satisfactory; "he bought it on approval"
- 4. approval, commendation, message, content, subject matter, substance
- usage: a message expressing a favorable opinion; "words of approval seldom passed his lips"
All rights reserved.
See also: approval (Dictionary)